Pages

Welcome!

Countdown

Mar 10, 2010

Oh the Stories You'll Tell

Several entries ago, I know that I mentioned that I was planning to participate in a month long workshop.  At the time, I was very excited.  In truth, I didn't think I could become anymore excited.  That was until we started today!

Now, I must admit that my inner critic started to rear its ugly head last night as I began reading through the wonderful introductions made by the other participants.  Wow!  Words are simply inadequate (at this point, at least lol) to express what a wonderful group of women - artists - that I have the honor of playing with in this creative sandbox of sorts this month.  I was floored, to be honest, and just a little intimidated.

All the while, in the background of my mind, the IC was whispering to me, "what have you gotten yourself into?  These women are artists.  REAL artists.  Most of them do it for a living.  You're just playing at creativity.  What do you hope to offer?"  Yes, like most, my IC can be quite scathing in its comments.  This afternoon, however...  Once I finally had some time to really sit down and begin reading the offerings coming from the rest of the participants.  I realize that many of us are in the same boat.  Even the most creative of beings have moments when they, too, question their talents.

As I said, though, I was really quite excited going into this workshop.  When I thought I couldn't become more excited, I was surprised to find that I could!  I am filled to the brim with joy.  So much so that it has, indeed, brought tears to my eyes.  This, I am realizing, is something so much more than I first imagined it would be.  It is not only an exercise in getting in touch with my creative side, but in getting in touch with me, my inner artist/child.  After all, our inner child is our inner/innate fountain of inspiration and how quickly we tend to discount her/him.

More to come as this beautifully vivid experience unfolds...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails