Pages

Welcome!

Countdown

Mar 22, 2010

The Cockles of My Heart and Pressure of My Blood

I have been reminded that I am not what one would consider to be a "good" patient. I do not like going to the doctor and often will avoid it until I absolutely have to go. Once I do, it does not take long before I begin to lose my patience with resting. It is a fact that is met with much irony.

When healthy and faced with the day-in-day-out activity that denotes business as usual in our household, I dream of lying in bed all day with periods alternating between sleep and reading. However, when those periods do on occasion arrive, the first thing that I want to do is get up out of bed and DO something.

After a great and busy day on Tuesday, I was laid flat Wednesday. Extremely lethargic, occasional vomiting... It was not how I had wanted to spend my day. Especially given that my eldest daughter's chorus recital was scheduled for that night. Something, which I'm sad to say that I ended up having to miss due to illness.

Thursday, I did start feeling better, but haven't quite felt 100% as of yet, and in addition to all of this, I have experienced occasional heart flutters.

While I was at Wal-Mart yesterday, I decided to give my blood pressure a check, only to discover that it was up quite a bit. Now, even as stubborn as I can be, I know that's nothing to mess around with, especially given that there is a history of stroke and heart attack in the maternal line of my family. So, I gave in an asked hubby to take me to Urgent Care yesterday...

Long story short... I was put on blood pressure meds and have made a follow up appointment with my PCM this week.

I suppose, though, there was a part of me that thought once I took my meds I would miraculously feel better. Needless to say, that little part has been sorely disappointed. I'm still feeling run down and lightheaded, and I'm quickly losing patience with it. I had so much planned for this weekend that I've just not been able to do!

This is a wake up call, though, and only proves that the plan I'm going to put into action within the next week or so is a sound one. I was already planning to start taking this weight off... Just didn't know it was going to be as imperative as it seemingly is now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails