Pages

Welcome!

Countdown

Feb 28, 2010

Saying Good-Bye

One of my friends posted this blurb for his status on FB recently, "You never know how many friends you have.... until you have to say good-bye", and it was something that just stuck with me. The majority of people, I'm certain, can relate to this, but military families, I think, can especially relate to it. And it just so happens that the person that posted it, is someone that my husband and I ended up having to "say good-bye to" many, many years ago. But, as I recall it... It was with a bon-fire, a big bottle of Kamikazee, the beach, and good friends. The best sort of goodbye party, if you ask me. Definitely the sort of memories that remain with you. That is unless, of course, you drank all the Kamikazee by yourself, which, thankfully, I didn't. lol

But, back to the quote... I don't think I can count how many people I've had to say goodbye to in the past 20 years due to the various moves we've had to make. Some I have, thankfully, reconnected with online because they were/are GREAT friends! Others, unfortunately, I have not, but I still keep looking... And you know? I think that's one of the things that I'm most beginning to tire of with regard to the military life. Saying goodbye. I make friends, which are truly necessary in this lifestyle, only to have to say goodbye 3-4 years later. That is, of course, they don't leave before we do...

It will be nice, I think, to be able to make friends, which isn't the easiest of things for me in the first place, and be able to keep them for more than a few years...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails